2019 Maine Coast Retreat
November 1 – 3, 2019
Our retreat is designed for rest and renewal away from the everyday movement of the world. You are immersed in a private, beautiful setting surrounded by nature and the sounds of the sea. In this atmosphere, we turn on the practices of asana, pranayama and meditation to heal, strengthen, revitalize and deepen the experience of self-understanding. Our retreat begins as we return to ourselves amidst the beauty of the natural world.
How do I sign up?
1- Sign up online or at the studio.
(Payment plan available, please contact the studio)
2- Fill out the registration form. Link is also above or can be emailed to you.
3- Indicate your room preference on the preferences form.
4- If you indicated an Oceanview preference, you will be contacted via email.
If a room is available, you will then be charged the supplement.
Please do not add the supplement cost to your registration.*
*Ocean View rooms are limited, please sign up early. Please indicate this option on your registration form, once it is approved you will be charged the supplement. Please do not add this to your registration cost initially, if you pay by check. It must be approved, as there are a limited number available.
4a- Optional: Sign up for a massage by contacting email@example.com. Please make sure you receive a confirmation of your massage time from our massage therapists. Please sign up in avance, appointments tend to sell out before the retreat.
**Please note: Rooms will only be reserved with full payment or two payments of the payment plan.
- Single and Double rooms are available. If you book a double, it will have two single beds in it. There are no larger size (queen or king) beds at the center.
- All rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floor and have either a view of the ocean or the surrounding area. A small elevator is available. There are no “bad” rooms.
- Bathrooms and showers are shared dormitory style, but not co-ed.
- All rooms are first come, first serve upon signup. Sign up early to ensure your room preference.
- Rooms are assigned randomly at the time of payment to ensure fairness (taking into consideration single or double preference and Ocean View supplement).
$450.00 per person – Cost Includes:
- 2 nights, choice of single or double occupancy
- 5 meals, Friday Dinner through Sunday breakfast
- 7 hours of yoga, Saturday afternoon workshop, Silent and Walking meditation, beach yoga
- Unstructured time to enjoy the expansive beauty of the Maine Coast (20 minutes from Kennebunkport)
- Massage will be available for an additional fee.Please book in advance to reserve your spot, appointments tend to sell out before the retreat.
- Massage is available Friday evening and Saturday only.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a massage appointment at the retreat.
- Cancellations before October 14th will be refunded minus a $50.00 per person administrative fee
- Cancellations after October 14th will be refunded minus a $50.00 per person administrative fee, only if your place can be filled. Otherwise there will be no refund.
- Is the center directly on the beach? Yes! The Marie Joseph Spiritual Center is directly on the beach. We are treated to stunning sunrises and sunsets every year (weather permitting).
- What is the bathroom situation? The bathrooms are community shared bathrooms. Mens and womens rooms are separate. We have a limited number of private bathrooms available for those with medical issues. These are first come first serve because of the limited nature.
- What are the rooms like? The rooms are simple, comfortable, and clean, to provide for a retreat with less distraction.
- Is there wifi at the center? Yes, wifi is available in the center, but we invite you to “de-tech” while you retreat.
- I have special dietary needs, will they be accommodated? Please contact us directly to let us know of your needs and we will check with the center.
- Do I have to participate in everything / the whole schedule? Absolutely not, this is your retreat; we want you to do what serves you best. If a session/class speaks to you, join in, if not, you are welcome to spend your time however you’d like as long as it is within the guidelines of the center and respects the center. You can do everything, or nothing, or a little bit here and there. Most of all enjoy!
- How long does it take to get there? From Central Mass, approximately two hours.
- Question not answered here? Please email us – email@example.com
“I look forward to this weekend every year. Perfect place to regain peace and balance.”
~Mary M. 2018
“In an era where there is so much attention to fads and frequent distortion of long-established and revered yoga/meditation practices, I love this studio for the authenticity and commitment to cultivating a genuine yoga community with a focus on supporting all aspects of the practice, philosophies, etc.”
~Suzanne M. 2017
“This is my 6th year. Setting is extraordinary, building is gorgeous, food is delicious and program and fellow participants are just a joy!”
~Candy G. 2018
“Each year I come with a group of special ladies..we share laughter, yoga, tears and stories. Most of all we share our hearts. We are able to do this because CMY has offered a safe, nurturing and fun weekend space with this annual retreat. Thank you Lucy and staff for the precious memories!!!”
~Jo Ann L. 2017